Friday, August 26, 2016
Cleveland Foundation Uptown Saturday Nights, is a new Saturday night music series celebrating the roots of American music.
Established as a partnership between University Circle Inc., Case Western Reserve University and Roots of American Music (ROAM) the series will feature free live music performances at eight venues throughout the Uptown neighborhood—including the Barking Spider Tavern.
The series runs from August 27 – October 8, 2016 from 7 p.m. to midnight and will include blues, jazz, gospel, traditional country, folk, Americana, bluegrass and zydeco.
August 27, 2016 Schedule
- ABC the Tavern Uptown
- 7:00 p.m. • Lost Bob & Ozone • Bluegrass
- Barking Spider Tavern
8:00 p.m. • Erin Nicole & The Chill Factor • Blues, Soul, Rock
10:00 p.m. • Tom Shaper & Friends • Roots Guitar
- Coquette Patisserie
- 7:00 p.m. • Eric Seddon Duo • Early American Jazz
- Corner Alley at Uptown
- 8:00 p.m. • FlipSide • Americana
- Happy Dog at the Euclid Tavern
- 9:00 p.m. • Matt Monta & The Haymakers • Americana
10:30 p.m. • Rebekah Jean • Americana
- Ninja City
- 8:00 p.m. • DJ Knyce • HipHop
- Roots Garden
- 7:00 p.m. • Down the Road • Appalachian String Band
- 7:00 p.m. • George Foley • Early Jazz Piano