Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Cleveland Foundation Uptown Saturday Nights, is a new Saturday night music series celebrating the roots of American music.
Established as a partnership between University Circle Inc., Case Western Reserve University and Roots of American Music (ROAM) the series will feature free live music performances at eight venues throughout the Uptown neighborhood—including the Barking Spider Tavern.
The series runs from August 27 – October 8, 2016 from 7 p.m. to midnight and will include blues, jazz, gospel, traditional country, folk, Americana, bluegrass and zydeco.
September 3, 2016 Schedule
Schedule Subject to Change
- ABC the Tavern Uptown
- 7:00 p.m. • Blues Devils • Blues
- Barking Spider Tavern
8:00 p.m. • Saul Glennon • Garage pop originals
10:00 p.m. • Bill Lestock • Mandolin
- Coquette Patisserie
- 7:00 p.m. • Ray Flannigan • Rock
- Corner Alley at Uptown
- 8:00 p.m. • Ruthie and Co. • Motown/Funk/Jazz
- Happy Dog at the Euclid Tavern
- 9:00 p.m. • Kamal Abdul-Alim Jazz Trio • Jazz
- Ninja City
- 8:00 p.m. • DJ • HipHop
- Roots Garden
- 7:00 p.m. • Request Quartet • Great American Songbook
- 7:00 p.m. • Tony Morino Duo w/ Bob Gref • Piano Jazz